Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Thursday 28 May 2015

Protest is over!!

So I know that I haven't blogged in a while but life has been quite stressful these past few weeks plus I'm currently ill at the moment, so fun times. I have managed to stay on track so far and completed everything for my protest hand in. My essay is also pretty much done, I just need to look over a couple things then it's just a case of printing it, binding it and submitting it, which can be done tomorrow worse comes to worse, but that's fine. I have also got an extension for my integrated project, so my new submission date is Monday the 8th. I'm glad that this is the date that I got, as it gives me two full weekends to blitz it.

Anyway the main point of this post is to show off my protest final. The title of this series is 'V is for Victory'






The main point of this piece is to show that in war there are no victors. As even on the 'winning' side, there is still death and destruction. I used the 'V is for Victory' stamp, as with war the victors often stamp that war as 'won' and that is it, case closed. We forget the pain and death that comes with war and focus on what we gained from atrocities. The wars that I focused on were WW I, WWII, Iraq and Afghanistan as I have lived through both Afghanistan and Iraq  and grew up with images of these wars on the news. And WWI and II are obviously the most infamous and are taught in school and had the biggest effect on the world, so these are the main four wars that have had some sort of effect on my life, and are the wars that have spawned my anti- war protest. I am really pleased with how this final piece turned out, I just wish that I had a little more time to work on the drawings, but I think that they are still good.  I also like how this is a series that I can continue, as this 'V is for Victory' Stamp can be applied to any war.

One of the main things that I learned from this process was problems that can arise from a stencil. Because I decided to put the writing on my drawings one after the other, the last couple look pretty grubby. So I think if I was to use a stencil for something else in future, I would either give myself enough time between painting for the paint to dry, or get a stencil that I can clean.


So that's all for now, I will keep you updated on how my integrated project is going over the next few days.
Byyeee!
Until next time -
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment