Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Monday 28 September 2015

Non-places

So after our hand in of the pencils brief we were then given our new brief called 'Non-Places' which is a philosophical theory on what defines a place. I'm not going to go into too much detail about that seeing is it is an extremely deep concept which you could argue about for hours, so I'll just let you google it and make up your own mind. :P

So I'm kind of going between a few ideas at the moment, but I think the one I might try and stick to is my idea of looking at where youths go to hang out as normally these would be classed as non-places, like walls and stairwells etc. By them choosing to sit in these areas, they then change the definition of these non-places into places. (This brief is so confusing) I also have considered looking into social media as well, but I'm not sure if this was widen the topic too much. I might also branch out into looking at how as children the places we go are determined by our parents mostly, and as adults we tend to only ever go to "places" like work, home, bars etc.

Anyway now I'm just going to spam you with my sketchbook pages that I have so far. ;)

















So that is where I am at with this project hopefully I can get some form of clear direction but I'm planning on talking to some of my lecturers on Monday to help give me some focus,

so until then
byye :)

Róisín - x

No comments:

Post a Comment