Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Colours colours everywhere

So I am going along with the idea of colour and emotion. I did some work in my sketchbook just playing around with this idea and not really thinking of where it could go. However over the past couple of days I have been thinking about a couple of routes for my final piece to go down.

Idea 1:

So looking at the idea of ephemeral I thought about somehow using the paint cards that you get from hardware stores when buying paints.


So I went to B&Q and took a selection of them and also the catalogue of the paints.

 Idea 2:

I wont go into too much detail here, but basically I had a bit of an emotional breakdown one night this week and started crying. After I was quite finished with that I was going to go downstairs to make dinner. So I went to the mirror to make sure that I looked somewhat presentable, and my mascara had ran down all over my face. Bingo! Inspiration from crappy places. So what I'm thinking of maybe doing is different coloured make-up/ mascara/ eyeliner or something of the sort in different colours to try and associate colour and emotion etc.

And here's a couple of artists I've been looking at for some inspiration.

Rebecca Bauman

http://rebeccabaumann.com/Works/Automated-Colour-Field/







 Robert Swain

http://robertswainnyc.com/newBob/









And here is some more of the sketchbook work I've done, enjoy :)

















So that's all for just now 
bbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x






No comments:

Post a Comment