Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Rachel Whiteread

Rachel Whiteread is a sculptor who works with casting around objects within our everyday lives in plaster.


The reason that I like these works as I think that they tell a story of who the objects belonged to or who used them. By casting around these objects she is casting the memories that surround them.


In my work I am looking into the ideas of human marks being left behind and so I think that this is a good thing for me to look into. 


Although I am not a sculptor I really do like this artists works as I think that they tell a great story and I hope that in my work I am also able to do this.


These works are also interesting to look at as we are constantly surrounded by these objects however never think about the space the take up or the negative space that surrounds them.




NB - all photographs here have been taken from :

http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artists/rachel-whiteread-2319

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.


Until next time
byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment