Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Thursday 4 February 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Stuart Brisley

Stuart Brisley  is an installation artist who other works in other areas such as performance art.


The project that I am going to be looking at is his project called "Leaching out at the Intersection".


Over the course of 30 days, Stuart Brisley selected a bag of rubbish that had be thrown into a waste ground.


He would then rummage through the rubbish whilst analysing and categorising the items that were in the bin bags.


I like the way that the artist has spread out the items within the rubbish across the ground as it almost gives the piece a linear story and makes the audience look a bit deeper into the things that we throw away.


In my work I want to look at the humans and the thoughts and feeling behind the marks we leave behind and I think that this artist hasn't answered this question but has in fact brought it to the audience's attention.



NB - all photographs here have been taken from :

http://www.stuartbrisley.com/pages/4
http://www.stuartbrisley.com/pages/28/80s/Works/Leaching_Out_at_the_Intersection/page:4

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.


Until next time
byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment