Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Mark Dion

I was particularly interested in Mark Dion's work for my final project last year as I was also dealing with collecting and displaying objects, some from the environment. I am planning on following a similar path for my honours years project so I thought I would look a bit further into him.


Mostly I am interested in his sculpture and installation work as this is my art practise and the art that I mostly enjoy.


In his work he works with the ideas of anthropology and science and applies it to a creative and artistic outlet. I find the way he displays these works in a laboratory like environment as I find that this is creative way to get the audience interested in the objects and the works.


In his work he generates interest in environmental topics and the history of the natural world which encourages the viewer to investigate more.


Though I'm not going to steer my work towards the path of looking at environmental issues, I am still going to use Mark Dion as a great creative influence in the terms of display and conceptual ideas.




NB - all photographs here have been taken from this site:

http://www.tanyabonakdargallery.com/artists/mark-dion/series-sculpture-and-installation

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment