Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Monday 8 August 2016

The Final Exhibition

I'm now going to update on how my degree show exhibition went (finally).

Well first things first I was super happy with how it turned out, I put a lot of work into planning what I would do then tidying the state that the store cupboard was in, which was soon to be my exhibition space. It was really great to see all that work, stress and pain materialise into something that I could really be proud of and was more than I had planned it to be.

So what was my exhibition? 

For my walks I had decided to go with my marks swap idea and then put the objects I had collected on display which would be the bulk of my exhibition piece. I documented this process through photography which was then displayed in a photobook. Another book I had on display was a catalogue of every object I had collected for the project, including objects from my investigatory and test walks which were stored in a filing cabinet that people could look through also. 


Also on display were all my sketchbooks that I had used for the projects, my laptop showing the photos I had take and videos I had shot, and I also collected smaller things to put into test tubes and petri-dishes to show elements of the environment which the objects were taken from.





I displayed the routes I had taken for my main swap series by pinning embroidery thread onto corkboards in different colours to give the space more movement and add something else for the audience to look at. I also used this to give the piece more of a feel that this project was an investigation.


Using the windows as a whiteboard, I also drew on some of my routes and illustrated where I found some of the items and other important parts of the landscape.





The audience were also able to view large prints from some of my walks on the wall and also smaller photos on display on the shelf in the cupboard. 



Here's a link to the flickr album in which all photos from this exhibition can be found :)


I couldn't be happier with how my degree show went and my grade also reflected the work that I had put into this project. I hope to continue with this theme next year for my honours project and I hope next year is just as successful, 

so until next time,
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeee

Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment