Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Thursday 28 January 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Alice Fox

Alice Fox is an artist who works in organic objects found within the landscape.


The project that I am most interested here is her project titled "Gifts from the Pavement" in which she looks at marks that are found in the streets.


In my next project I am looking at the marks we leave behind and I was looking for inspiration in recording marks and think that this is a very expressive way to do so. I also think that this is a very good research and investigation  method.


I like how the artist refers to these marks as "gifts" as these marks are more than just insignificant marks, but these marks tell a story and provide a back story to how those marks came to be.


Her sketchbook also lead to another series called "Pavement Pieces"







I might use this a small research method, but I'm planning on making my own mark so I will need to look at previous marks as a source of inspiration. This project has actually made me think of a playing card that I found when walking home so I think I might further develop on this idea.

NB - all photographs here have been taken from these sites in which her work is featured:
http://www.alicefox.co.uk/
http://www.alicefox.co.uk/?page_id=1324
https://www.sketchbookproject.com/library/13483#page-slide_2

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.

Until next time
byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment