Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Sunday 10 January 2016

Inspriation of the Week - Maya Lin

Maya Lin's work mainly focuses on ideas surrounding the landscape and the environment. I found this artist by looking into artists who look into identity and happened to come across Lin's work.


The reason that I decided to look more into her was because I am thinking about looking into my local environment and thinking about how to interact with it, and also I found her work really interesting. The way she chooses to display her work is the most appealing to me because some of them are quite simplistic to look at, but then reveal something more complicated.




I feel that her work will have more of an influence in terms of display rather than concept however her installations certainly generate a lot of interest in me and will make me think on how to take my work one step further.







NB - all photographs here have been taken from the artists website site:
http://www.mayalin.com/

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.


So this is just a short one as this artist was someone that was interesting to me, although she may not have a direct influence on my final work or concepts I feel that looking at a wide range of artists helps to come up with ideas, not just within concept, but in design, aesthetics and display.

So that's all for now

byyyeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment