Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Friday 22 January 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Greg Colson

Greg Colson's work is usually built up of objects to form a shape, for some of them he almost traces maps using them which are the ones I am going to focus on.


I really like the aesthetic look of these pieces and I find them to be a really interesting way to represent the maps that he has used. 


By looking at this artist I am not really looking for any conceptual ideas, more just more different and interesting way to display my work as I think paying a bit more attention to this might just give my work more of an edge that it has done previously. 




I like the way he has abstracted these maps to create works of his own, I like this idea as, although I may not use objects but I could abstract the shapes to create prints to go alongside my work.





NB - all photographs here have been taken from the artist's website:
http://www.gregcolson.org/

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.

So that's all I have for you just now
byyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment