Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Friday 15 January 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Marc Isaacs

Marc Isaacs is a documentary film maker whose films usually investigate people and their ordinary lives.


I first heard about his film Lift last year in our video skills class and thought that it was a brilliant documentary on the real people that live in the London flats and showed their real reactions to the camera man. 


The film documents the host of characters that all live in the building and shows how they increasingly more comfortable with the camera and the questions the camera man asks. 



The reason that I am looking at this artist is that I am both looking at how I am going to document my next project and also looking into the idea of interviewing real people or looking into real places, rather than how places are shown to be in the media.



Over the course of the documentary Isaacs doesn't move but just stays in the lift, which is an element of work that I am considering. I might try and go to the one space over a number of days and then move t a different one for another number of days. 

NB - all photographs here have been taken from these sites in which the artist is featured:
http://www.marcisaacsfilms.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNAvyLCTik

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.

So that's all for now 
Byyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment