Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Rashid Rana

Rashid Rana is an artist whose work is normally based around photography.

This is gonna be a shorter post because I only wanted to talk about one piece in particular and is sort of similar to an idea I had in my head. What I thought about doing for one of my ideas was posing in almost like "Where's Wally" type photograph to show how we are lost in the crowd no matter how much we try to stand out.


This piece here is simply titled crowd and shows a lot of people chaotically crammed together, alost looking as if they are all trying to fit into the photograph itself. I really like this piece as I think it does demonstrate how chaotic, loud and claustrophobic being in a crowd, as the viewer when they walk into this room will be surrounded by people. 


NB - the photograph here have been taken from:

http://www.saatchigallery.com/artists/rashid_rana.htm
http://blog.saffronart.com/2013/11/06/aesthetic-bind-celebrating-fifty-years-of-contemporary-art/rashid_rana_2_copy1/

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.


Until next time
byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment