Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Thursday 3 March 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Spaces of Remembrance

Spaces of Remembrance was an exhibition held at the Kunsthalle, Düsseldorf in which artists looked into the idea of memories and how we remember them.


I really like how these artists have investigated these ideas in their own unique ways of creating individual pieces that represent their own memories be it good or bad.


In my work I want to investigate the idea of memory and remembering, but from a slightly different perspective by looking at how we will all eventually be forgotten. 


I think that the above piece by Kadar Attia is my favourite out of all of the pieces featured in the exhibition. I think that it shows how fragile our mind and our memory formation can be as this piece is formed by using sand which its grains can easily be manipulated and moved around. 






NB - all photographs here have been taken from exhibition site:

http://www.kunsthalle-duesseldorf.de/index.php?id=323

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.

Until next time
byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment