Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Thursday 31 March 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Nina Katchadourian

Nina Katchadourian is an artist who works within many different areas of art including photography, sculpture and video.


The piece that I am going to talk about is her ongoing project "Paranormal Postcards".


In this she has placed different postcards on the wall after stitching into them with red thread and also connecting some of them with red dotted lines.


I really like this work as it allows the viewer to follow almost a global narrative even thought there might actually be one, I am also really interested in them and do collect them from the places I go. 


For my final project as part of my final display  I want there to be some postcards available for people to take away with them. I am also using this project as a source of display inspiration as I am looking for a different way to document my work. 



NB - all photographs here have been taken from the artist's site:

http://www.ninakatchadourian.com/
http://www.ninakatchadourian.com/chartssystems/paranormal.php

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.


Until next time
byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment