Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Thursday 10 March 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Wunderkammer: The Museum of Lost and Forgotten Objects

The Museum of Lost and Forgotten Objects is an exhibition that explores "the desire to dominate, control, and possess".


What I'm looking into for my project isn't so much control or possession, but more the idea of domination and human desire in general. So I thought that looking at this exhibition would help give me a few new ideas on how to deal with this type of subject matter.



I like the intricacy and detail that is within all of these objects and I think that because they are displayed this way it lets them tell their own story.


I think these pieces are quite interesting and all fit quite well with each other and I sort of think that they look like an old medicine cabinet as part of an olden day set or something.




NB - all photographs here have been taken from this site:

https://art.base.co/event/5448-wunderkammer-the-museum-of-lost-and-forgotten-objects-nadia-mercuri-sarah-field

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.


Until next time
byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment